Welcome to Team Stingray
Staff in our class are
- Mr Wilson – Teacher
- Miss O’Riordan – Teaching Assistant
- Miss Buckles – Teaching Assistant
- Miss Dobson – Teaching Assistant
- Miss Law – Teaching Assistant
School times are:
Full days: 8:50 am until 3:20 pm.
During the week we have the following activities:
- PE on a Monday afternoon and Thursday morning.
- Swimming will be on a Thursday afternoon for the Summer term.
- Daily Maths and Writing lessons
- Daily times table lessons.
- Daily guided or whole class reading lessons
- Weekly spelling and handwriting lessons
- Creative curriculum – Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
- Music and French lessons on a Thursday
- Daily circle time for children to share their feelings.
Learning Challenge Curriculum
Over the course of the year, children in Key Stage 2 will be taught Geography, History, Art, PSHE, Computing, Science, DT, RE through our Learning Challenge Curriculum.
Our Learning Challenge topics for this year are:
Autumn 1 – REACH for Greatness.
Autumn 2 – Footprints Of the Past – WW2.
Spring 1 – The Tales We Tell – Animal tales.
Spring 2 – A Moment In Time – Stone age.
Summer 1 – No Place Like Home – Trip To Europe.
Summer 2 – Treasures and Gold – Out and About.
Reading – We take part in whole-class reading three times a week where we enjoy spending time discussing the themes of stories, poems and non-fiction texts, digging deeper into the text and drawing out inferences and opinions about what is happening.
How can you support your child’s learning?
Spellings – Spelling lists will be handed out on a Friday and children will be tested the following Friday. Please help your child to practise and extend their learning by practising these.
Reading at Home – Hearing your child reading every day will have a huge impact on all areas of their learning. Reading is part of your child’s homework and they have a challenge to read at least three times a week. Can you please listen to your child read for at least 15 minutes and make a note in your reading journal. This doesn’t just have to be their reading book- they could read a recipe whilst cooking, read a newspaper or even read a story to a younger sibling. Please ensure reading records are returned to school every Friday.
Useful websites to help your child:
- Times Table rockstars – https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student Each child has their own login and can practise their tables and challenge and battle their friends whilst learning their times tables.
- Reading eggs – https://readingeggs.co.uk/ each child has their own login and can access reading activities at their own level.
- http://www.abcya.com/fourth_grade_computers.htm Lots and lots of games to look through that use a range of Maths and Literacy skills.
- Top marks – https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ A variety of learning games for year 3 and 4.
If you have any queries about anything that is happening in class, please pop in to see us. Hopefully, we will be able to help you then or arrange a time when we can discuss any issues with you that will need a longer time.